Zits on lips can be not only irritating but extremely painful as the skin of the lips are really sensitive, and it is usual for anyone to try out every measure to remove zit on the lip. pimple on your lips can come up due to a number of reasons; it can be a form of acne or might be caused due to some other infection.
Hormones can also be a cause of zits on the lips. The natural tendency of squeezing it out might not be really a good idea, as the lip region is highly sensitive and squeezing might even worsen the situation. So, instead, follow the remedies below to get rid of pimples quickly.
- Hot Compress: Take a piece of a washcloth, dip it in hot water and apply it on the zit. Be sure to check the temperature of the washcloth before you put it on the lips. The skin of the lips is thin and sensitive; high temperature can burn out the skin and can be extremely painful.
- Use Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid is a compound which is known for its anti-inflammatory action and can also be helpful in killing the zit-causing bacteria. You can also use a thick paste of Aspirin which contains Salicylic Acid.
- Try Benzoyl Peroxide: Benzoyl Peroxide is the compound which has been scientifically proven to have the best action on pimples and zits. You can use a Benzoyl Peroxide based cream or lotion on the zit to get rid of it quickly.
- Use Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is well known for its antibacterial property. Using a drop of tea tree oil on the zit can help in quick drying out, but be cautious, to not to lick the oil, as it might not be good for health.
- Try some natural astringent: You can try some natural astringent like tomatoes or banana on the zit to get rid of it quickly.
The remedies mentioned above can be well effective to remove zit on the lip. If the zit has been caused due to a normal bacterial infection getting rid of it might not be such a hectic process, but you need to be careful to not to get the infection again.
Sleeping on uncleansed bed and pillow covers can be a source of infection; sharing the same cigarette can also be a way of the infection to reach you. So, stay away from these habits, and stay clean to stay away from pimples on lips. In case you think hormonal changes trigger the zit on your mouth, consult a doctor.