Imagine this- times when you think of how to get rid of acne fast: Tomorrow is a big day, an important meeting or an event you have been looking forward to. You look at your reflection in the mirror before sleeping and see a tiny red bump on your face. You start to panic and get a feeling that it might increase in the night. Wouldn’t it be a nightmare to wake up to a big devilish zit on a big and important day? Have you even experienced something like this? Who hasn’t? But not to worry. I’m here to share some proven ways to cure your acne fast.
Proven methods to get rid of Acne Fast Overnight:
Now, thanks to different inventions and medical studies, these are possible methods to get rid of acne fast overnight.
- Don’t pop or touch it: This had to be the first point. When faced with acne in an emergency situation, we often start messing with it and try to pop it. This will only increase the swelling, cause scarring and may not leave your skin blemish free, which is basically what you wanted.
- Toothpaste: Toothpaste acts as a spot treatment for acne. Use white toothpaste, not gel, apply it gently on the acne affected area. Leave the thin layer on for about 5 minutes and then wash it off. The toothpaste will dry out the excessive oil and kill the bacteria. This is always the first ever thing I do to Reduce pimples whenever I spot acne on my face.
- Ice Pack: Like any other swelling, ice works wonders on the swelling due to acne as well. A few ice cubes on a piece of cloth and dab your skin with it for 20-30 minutes. The cool compression will bring down the swelling and redness.
- Egg whites: This is more of a kitchen based home remedy. Wash your face with a gentle but cleansing face wash. Dab it dry and apply only the white of the egg on your face. Leave it on till it dries. Once the entire layer of egg white is dry, peel it or wash it off. Not only will a pimple be smaller, your skin will look firmer and glowing.
- Lemon: As you might have heard, Lemon works well for acne. Cut a lemon into halves, use the exposed portion of the lemon, rub it gently on the affected area. It will clear out all the bacteria, cleanse the skin and stop the acne from increasing. Simply put, it will dry out the zit and make it almost disappear.
- Cinnamon and Honey Mask: Honey is an age-old home remedy for acne. Take some cinnamon powder and mix it with honey, making a smooth paste. Now apply the paste to the affected area (or the whole face if you feel like it). Leave it on like a mask till it dries out completely. Once you feel its dry, wash it off gently. The honey should have taken down the swelling of the acne, and the pack should have made your skin firm and soft.
- Baking Soda: Acne is often caused when the PH balance of the skin is out of order. Mix baking soda with some water to form a paste. Apply it to the affected area. Leave it on for some time. Do not leave it on for too long. Wash it off in 5 minutes, and you will see a considerable improvement.
These overnight methods for getting rid of acne fast are tried and tested which works very well for my friends and me. However, they are home remedies, and you might not always see the same effect, as there are always lots of other factors that have to be considered, like skin type, your surrounding climate which is completely out of our control.
You can help yourself by not getting too stressed about the acne, keeping your skin clean, drinking plenty of water and staying happy in general. All of these will lend a helping hand in answering the question about how to get rid of pimples overnight. Hope that helps you!
Got something to say? let me know through the comments below.